This is my bit of a blog. Rambling words about rambling days. No focus and nothing ambitious. I seem to write most about local color, nature, and animals, and there is an incomplete chunk about my road trips of 2011.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Replacement Flapper Valve for 1969 Eljer Toilet

This is my contribution to the collective web knowledge about toilets!  I have an old Eljer toilet, possibly from 1969.  I recently successfully replaced its worn-out flapper valve with a PlumbPak “Flush valve assembly for Eljer Touch Flush,” purchased at Lowes.

Stamps inside toilet tank: PAT 101 697 (or possibly 191 697) and 2 623 216

Inside lid: 5540, MAR 14 1969, 2036, and PAT 191 697
Anonymous said...

I think I'll owe you a round of thanks. My old Eljer toilet is just a little newer: July vs. March. I'm off to Lowes for the needed flapper valve.

Plan to check out your Road Trip page once my I've fixed my toilet.

Hank Topeka Kansas

mightypossibility said...

Hi Hank! It makes me very happy to think this post might be some bitty help! Good luck, and thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Still helpful! Thanks! ~Lori

Anonymous said...

Helped me too. Still looking for fill valve parts. Any ideas.

Anonymous said...

Mine is stamped "JUN 4 1973." I think I'm gonna to Lowes and see if that flapper works on mine. Thanks for the info.
Rick, Northeast Tennessee

Anonymous said...

Still helpful, I have PAT 191 697 2 623 216 inside the tank, thanks for the info. Lanny

Anonymous said...

2018 checking in - still helpful! Thank you!

Post a Comment