This is my bit of a blog. Rambling words about rambling days. No focus and nothing ambitious. I seem to write most about local color, nature, and animals, and there is an incomplete chunk about my road trips of 2011.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Gift

First overnight in the new cabin and with the new kitten. Temp outside down to 32 degrees Farenheit, wind and light snow. Power out several hours. Which means, here, in addition to no hot water, no well water at all, and no electronics - also no heat. Had prepped, piling all the blankets I own onto the bed, and was warm enough.

By mid-morning, the electricity and heat had been restored, and we were toasty. I petted the kitten a while, then sat up and slid out of bed. Turned around to arrange the blankets, and found a little gray mouse smushed in my pillow, where my head and neck had lain.


Post a Comment