This is my bit of a blog. Rambling words about rambling days. No focus and nothing ambitious. I seem to write most about local color, nature, and animals, and there is an incomplete chunk about my road trips of 2011.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Light Demo in Progress

The interior of the exterior wall of our kitchen-to-be is pretty patchy with different board-like materials, ranging from a thick sort of cardboard to various vinyl floorings to various wood panelings. Covered with a few different wallpapers and plastic contact paper.

4PM Today
I was content to just paint it over and leave it for now. But (among many other deficiencies!) it really bothered my honey. So I decided to cover it over with a new layer of wallboard or paneling, TBD.

Tom, the contractor, convinced me we may as well remove the old patchwork first. And, as long as we're doing that, insulate between the studs. And also, he will be able to add the new plumbing and electric in-wall.  So that's what we now are looking at doing.

However, I think neither of us expected the solid wood interior boards. From the holes we investigated, there appeared to be nothing between the cardboard/vinyl/paneling patchwork and the studs. The wood boards are old and cool, but I'm not sure how they affect our insulation plan. I'll see what Tom thinks tomorrow.

8PM Today

Post a Comment