This is my bit of a blog. Rambling words about rambling days. No focus and nothing ambitious. I seem to write most about local color, nature, and animals, and there is an incomplete chunk about my road trips of 2011.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Local Techs

Met Frank, the internet technician and one of our new neighbors, today.  He comes to the area from decades in Guyana and India, most recently as a professor of intercultural studies taught in a Christian environment.

The technician who originally installed our internet service hardware was an interesting fellow as well. Muted, profoundly, somehow. Chain-smoking. With some of the hardest-used hands I've ever seen. And either with an extra finger or missing one finger - I can't remember which. He asked permission, with a dead desperation, between puffs, digging a post hole under the sun, to take his shirt off. He seemed to be struggling with life.

Post a Comment